What is Oracle?
Meeting the requirement of changing times is very much important, and the technology is the best way to cope up with the changes coming in different sectors. A database is a collection of data where each entity is treated as a unit. The function of this database is to store the data which can be retrieved later for some related information. Generally, the Server is reliable for maintaining a large amount of data for the multiuser environment where a large number of users can access the same data at the same time. The server has the ability to prevent unauthorized access to the data and can provide efficient and reliable solutions to recover failures. The Oracle Database was the first database which was designed for the computation of the enterprise grids since it is the most reliable, flexible and cheaper way of managing the information and applications.
The migration feature of the Oracle:
Database migration in Oracle is a critical part of a database migration project and tools like SSMA which is very helpful in the data processing.
There are many ways which can be used for migration of a database from server to server, say server A and server B like data pump and the Goldengate migration to migrate a database.
Key features of an oracle:
Feature for performance and scalability
The automatic storage management (ASM):
- This feature benefits by distribution of even data across disks which will eliminate hot spots and will help to provide a uniform performance
- It is very easy to handle this kind of feature.
Direct NFS client feature:
- This will improve the throughput, for example, the NetApp
- It works for real application clusters RAC
- It works for operating systems such as Linux/UNIX or Windows platforms
- It is faster, easier and is available than any other OS or NAS
Table and Index partitioning:
- It reduces I/O, memory usage, and the workload of CPU.
Feature-based on deployment flexibility:
Real Application testing:
- This will help to test the changes against the real-life workloads
- The replay database feature helps to rerun the production which is the actual
- This will provide support to the hardware
- Provides testing support and very beneficial SAP environments.
Feature-based on availability and reliability:
It balances cost, availability, and performance and the primary databases can be real application clusters
It will rewind the database to the previous point in order to correct the problem caused by some logical errors or user errors.
Feature supporting large Oracle databases:
Secure Files: It is prerequisite for SAP tables
Storage Efficiency: It will provide representation for number values.
Applications of Oracle
Oracle consists of some business or some application software. Many of functional modules have been sold which uses the Oracle RDBMS for the backend.
The E-business suite consists of several product lines and has some following applications:
- Asset tracking
- Lifecycle management of the product.
- Capital management.
- Process manufacturing.