How to prevent your HVAC system from freezes
Although we have seen huge advancement in technology for the last few decades nothing is compared to the HVAC systems which have played a vital role for a long time in homes and in offices equally. HVAC systems, abbreviated for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning are like the spinal cord for the sustenance of the inhabitants of those buildings that do not have any windows or ventilators for the fresh air.
You need to pay special attention to the details of your HVAC systems so they live for longer and perform better both in the summer and winter seasons. First, you need to learn the reasons behind the freezing of the HVAC unit, then we will learn about the prevention.
Why the HVAC gets frozen in first place?
- Most of the times it is the leakage of the refrigerant or the low level of it that causes the unit to get frozen. It could have happened due to the low filling level during the time of installation or leakage. You should immediately take the unit to the professional expert to get it fixed in time.
- A very common reason behind the frozen HVAC unit is the clogged air filter that makes the compressor to work more than required and the duct becomes frozen with time.
- A low fan speed in the HVAC unit may be the culprit behind the freezing, you must get the fan speed adjusted so it blows right amount of air over the compression tube.
- A faulty thermostat could also be the reason behind the frozen HVAC unit, this prevents the compressor to trip off and the compressor keeps running all the time, costing you more money than necessary. This can be fixed easily under the expert provision.
- The proper drainage is also important to prevent the unit from freezing. If the drain is falling in some pot and the pot is filled, the drainage pipe will start accumulating the water, this will result in the freezing as well. Make sure that the discharge line of the HVAC is never blocked. It must fall freely to the floor.
These are the few reasons that cause the HVAC unit to freeze and you will need a professional expert to help you get them fixed. Talking about the central air conditioning services in Flower Mound, Texas, the Abundant Air Inc. is the name known to everyone for the expertise and services they have been providing since last 30 years. All you have to do is to give us a call and we will be there to help.
Let us have a brief look at the prevention of HVAC freezing.
- Check frequently for leakages
- Change the filter regularly
- Get the fan speed adjusted
- Get the thermostat checked
- Check for the drainage pipe
These are very easy and little prevention that will keep you safe from any danger in the future and will keep the HVAC unit running at its best with best results.