5 Fusion Sweet Dishes That Give You the Best of Both Worlds
Indian sweets are very popular throughout. It ranges from dry like laddus to creamy ones like rasmalai or dipped in sugar syrup like rasgulla. Most of these sweets are dated years ago and have been a part of our rich culture and tradition. However, in the past recent years the chefs have come up with various unconventional sweets with the idea of innovation.
In today’s article I am going to be listing out a few sweet recipes that are of recent origin or have not been heard by many of us:
- Rasmalai cake– This is a fusion of cake with the very famous rasmalai. We all have had rasmalais and we just can’t have enough. And we also love cakes, don’t we? But this particular Rasmalai cake recipe brings out the best of both worlds right into your mouth. The preparation is much difficult but it is definitely a must try.
- Kiwi barfi– As we all know kiwi is an exotic fruit that is not easily available in our country. This uses kiwi as its main ingredient in crushed or finely chopped form. It uses full cream and chena for its preparation just like any other barfi needs. This is a perfect fusion sweet that one may not have tried before. But, I have tried it out and it is an absolute delight. So, whenever you check the dessert menu, don’t forget to check for the kiwi barfi.
- Apple jalebi– Jalebisare an absolute favourite of every other Indian. They are very popularly had with breakfasts or with evening snacks. But ever hear of an apple jalebi? Well this is yet another fusion sweet dish that is fairly new. So, if you haven’t tried it out yet there is nothing to be sad of. This of course uses apple as its main ingredient and the jalebi is dipped in flavourful sugary syrup.
- Peach phirni– We all are well acquainted with the concept of phirni. Phirni is kind of a rice pudding similar to kheer. But the rice grains in phirni are more finely ground. So, peach phirni uses peach, rice and milk as its main ingredient. They are basically cooked together till the consistency is formed and one can garnish it with almonds or canned peaches too. The taste of peach in the phirni will give your mouth a very fresh taste that you may not have tried ever before.
- Gulab jamun cheese cake– We all have had a gulab jamun and we all are a fan of the cheese cake. But what on earth is a gulab jamun cheese cake? This is a fusion between the two whih altogether gives a very unique flavour. Actually, if you ever have had the cravings of both; gulab jamun and cheesecake this right here is the answer to it. This recipe has gulab jamuns in the cheese cake. So one can enjoy the taste of both at the same time.
So, these were a few fusion recipes that I have tried and I would definitely recommend these.