5 COMMON HEALTH DISORDERS FOUND IN PREGNANT WOMEN
Most of the women going through the phase of pregnancy hope to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby by the end of it. But sometimes, when a woman who is already undergoing some sort of therapeutic condition for a neurological disorder and she becomes pregnant, the entire situation changes. The question is not longer whether or not to continue the mediations but how and which medications?
This is one of the major reasons why doctors always suggest women with any sort of pre-existing neurological disorder or any other medical condition to first discuss her plans to become pregnant with her physician and then go ahead with the plan. Although, the chances of having any sort of neurological disorders after pregnancy which requires hospitalisation is very rare in women, the chances of other risks comparatively increases.
In today’s article we are going to be discussing about the general health issues faced by pregnant ladies.
- Morning sickness- the morning sickness or nausea is one of the most common symptoms of early pregnancy that stays up to the first three months of the pregnancy. Most women prefer not taking medications for it, but in case your condition is too bad because of it then one must consult the doctor for appropriate medications for morning sickness.
- Bladder and bowel movement problems- some women face the issue of constipation or have the constant urge to urinate. The major reason behind it could be the hormonal changes in your body. Make sure you stick to a nutritious diet and also do not forget to consult a doctor during the times of serious problem.
- Heartburn- during pregnancy, progesterone causes the valve to relax, which can increase the frequency of heartburn. Heartburn and indigestion is more common during the third trimester because the growing uterus puts pressure on the intestines and the stomach. This could cause serious discomfort and hence one needs to get heartburn medication during pregnancy prescribed from their doctor.
- Vaginal thrush during pregnancy- many women face the common problem of yeast infection also commonly known as vaginal thrush. It leads to itching, irritation and swelling of the vagina and the area surrounding it. There is often discharge of mucous with it too in the form of a white milky substance. But this is quite harmless and hence you can relax about it. Although it could be recurrent in nature making one quite uncomfortable. In case of extreme discomfort, one might consult their obstetrician.
- Changes in your skin- significant changes can be seen in your skin and hair during the time of pregnancy. It has been observed that few women may develop dark patches on their face and the hormonal changes can make your skin appear a little darker. Also, stretch marks are pretty common in pregnant women, especially near the stomach areas because that is the area where your skin is stretching to accommodate the growing child in your womb.
These were a few common health disorders common at the time of pregnancy.